Friday, November 11, 2011

Sympathy Card - Crane Mask

Hello Friends -


There are two types of cards that everyone complains about needing to make, Sympathy cards and cards for men.  Well, what about sympathy cards for men and boys?

I was asked to make four different sympathy cards which would be used for four members of the same family -- two teenagers, the daughter and wife of the gentleman that passed.

As long as I was doing one, I thought I would try to do a few of them in each style.


To make this first card I made two masks by cutting images from the Pagoda Cricut cartridge.  The crane worked very well but the bamboo was a bit more of an issue.  Because it wasn't a silhouette it wanted more detail than could be accomplished with this process.

I inked the bamboo in a couple of Distress Inks.  The crane is also Distress Ink, Black Soot.

This is such a simple way to make a card but one that I often forget.  Making the mask really couldn't be simpler.  You can use scissors, an electronic cutting machine or a die cutter.  Think of all the cool things you could make with a piece of transparency and a cutter.

What is your thought on these cards?

No comments: