Friday, October 28, 2011

Bah Humbug Die Cuts

Hello Friends -

This is my last week as a guest designer at Bah! Humbug! Challenges.  I am very sad to leave the lovely ladies of the manor but I hope you will join in some of their challenges.  It is a wonderful way to get ready for the holidays without trying to get all of your cards done at the last minute.


Today's challenge is die cuts.  I must admit, this one was tough because the possibilities seemed endless.  I could cut with my cuttlebug.  I could cut with my electronic cutter.  What to do? What to do?

So, I decided to do one of each (I was shooting for two but it just didn't happen).  The first one is an ornament shape card.  I made it using a Lettering Delights simple shape and Sure Cuts a Lot.  I'm disappointed in the way the photo came out.  In person it is all sparkly and fun.


Then I made this simple shaped card using my cuttlebug and a round Spellbinders die.  I think I learned this technique on BBTB2.  To make the base you fold your cardstock in half and then place it in the die just a little bit off.  This way it doesn't cut through the top of the card.  Then I used the next smaller die to cut out the cute Tiddly Inks image.  I can't find him in the Tiddly Inks store right now but I'm certain he is there somewhere.


Finally, I made this side step card.  I used the tutorial at Split Coast Stamper.  I must say, whenever I'm looking for a tutorial on how to make a card, I find they are likely to have it and all of their tutorials have been easy to follow.   I used my electronic cutter to make this card.  All of the images are from Cricut carts, Child's Year, Celebrations and Joy of the Seasons.

I hope you like the die cut cards and a huge thank you to the ladies of the manor.  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kendra these are great, you're so creative with all your cutting machines. Loved the fall masks in the earlier post.

Hugs
Brenda

Ruth said...

These are all wonderful cards! Thank you for the great ideas and details on how they were made.

Annie said...

What's all this nonsense about us putting you to shame!!! Eeeeeeeeeek you are kidding aren't you? Kendra, every week your samples have been stunning and you haven't done just one but really played around with the theme and excelled your self. Thank you so much - we will miss you so much at the Hall.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Aquarius said...

Three great cards - die cuts of all kinds are so brilliant for cards. Sadly I don't own an electronic one - yet!!

mimiof2 said...

Thanks so much for such wonderful cards. I like that you used several different methods to make them, as some people may have access to only one cutting machine.
KarenV

fairy thoughts said...

love your reindeer card, great idea about cutting the round card
happy belated (almost time for next weeks )woyww
janet

Max said...

Oh Kendra-Sue,
The corridors of Humbug Hall will feel rather empty without the steady noise of you and Brenda working dilligently to fill them. Mind you ... there was a heck of a racket when we had to drag out all the empty wine bottles from under your bed but I reckon Ann stashed hers there too in an attempt to blame you for the excessive wine bill lol! *Kidding*
Anyway ... it has been a pleasure having you stay with us and we have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all your amazing projects for our October Challenges - thank you just isn't enough xxx

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Unknown said...

IMPRESSIVE Wow I love your creations..very professional and unique.
- KAT -